Saturday, March 28, 2009

My Earth Hour

Thanks to WWF for organizing Earth Hour, I got my good own childhood days back.

I didn't have any plans till 7.30pm. Then I rushed my mom and helped her preparing the dinner and by 8.15pm itself we moved with all the things to our terrace. By 8.25pm I switched off all the lights. There is not much moonlight today as it is just the second day after a no moon day. Anyhow it was very interesting to spend that one hour with my mom having dinner and chatting with her. We talked a little about our environment, our mother earth, importance and uses of Earth Hour. Then she told me about her childhood days and how they managed to live without electricity in her native village. Then discussion went around some family issues and other things till 9.45pm.

It remembered my childhood days in our village (during summer holidays) having dinner in the open street under moon (நிலாச்சோறு) with all the family members and neighbours, hearing stories from grandma...

2 comments:

  1. Cool. That must have been fun la. You know what I did. We switched off all the lights and then we were bitten by mosquitoes but really dint allow any1 to put the lights. My sister got angry and left to my aunt's house nearby and came back by 10pm but back at home I spoke so many things to my parents about my future and elections. It was fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to hear that. We contributed. For the next Earth Hour I will plan for some mega events.

    ReplyDelete