Saturday, March 28, 2009

Azhagi stands for the meaning of Mr. Viswanathan's life

I tried to type my first Tamil post using the transliteration option available for a blogger, but I was not much happy about it as I could not turn it on or off instantly when I was typing. Then I searched for Tamil typing tips or tricks that could satisfy me. I learned a lot about it during my search but nothing was upto my satisfaction as I could not understood anything completely till I reached www.azhagi.com. Everything about Tamil typing is there.

The software 'Azhagi' has all the things exactly what I wanted. It is extremely user friendly, has 3 different input methods of which one is to do tamil transliterations (phonetic keyboard). For example if we just need to type 'Ammaa' to get 'அம்மா'. We can directly type/transliterate tamil in webpages, mails and all of the windows applications. It can be turned on or off using a single hotkey. It has been years since it was introduced. I might have heard it but now only, being a blogger I got chance to explore it and realize its power.

A great work done by its author Mr. Viswanathan who says that Azhagi - the name symbolizes her wife Mrs. Meera Viswanathan's beautiful heart.


I was inspired by Azhagi's history. I also liked the following quote from that page.

"There never was, there never will be, nor is there now, a person who is wholly blamed or wholly praised."
- Lord Buddha

அழகியை உருவாக்கி கணி(ன்)னித்தமிழுக்கு பெருமை சேர்த்த திரு.விஸ்வநாதன் அவர்களுக்கு நன்றி தெரிவிப்பதோடு அவரின் நலனிற்காக நான் ஆண்டவனை பிராத்திக்கின்றேன்.

No comments:

Post a Comment